The P&C Association is an important part of the school community and meets twice a term at school. The P&C is involved in fundraising, assisting in the organisation of some whole-school events, overseeing the running of the uniform shop, Bookclub and canteen, and furthering the relationship between the school and community. The most important thing about the P&C Association is that you get involved!
From the P&C
Hi everyone and welcome to 2020!
For new parents and a reminder to existing parents, It’s important to know what your contribution and participation helps up achieve and why it matters to fundraise and also promote school and community events.
In our school the P&C supports the following:
· We operate the canteen.
· We fundraise for the school to supply all the extra things our children need for a quality education.
· We hold community events including the weekly farmers markets.
· We run school events including the Christmas carols and disco.
On the fundraising side, our most obvious activity is the farmers market. Each week this event raises money directly for the P&C through stall income. On alternate weeks we also hold a bacon and egg wrap stall with proceeds that also go back to the P&C.
Through a combination of these activities, in 2019 we were able to the donate back to the school over $74,000. This enabled the purchase of many things including:
· Reading resources supporting reading and writing, including reading books, dictionaries and novels which has contributed to an improvement in the vocabulary that students are using in their writing.
· Purchase of synthetic phonics resources has seen an overall improvement in spelling results particularly in the junior end of the school.
· Early childhood playground stage 1 has been completed and as part of creating more interesting spaces to facilitate outdoor play, the playground has been a welcome addition. The playground allows for multiple uses and has been used by children from Kindergarten to Year 1.
· Purchase of interactive whiteboards which help raise levels of student engagement by allowing a multimedia approach in the classroom. Because the P&C have paid for these, the school have been able to free up funds to buy more ipads and laptops for student use.
We welcome and can always do with more participation on the P&C! So if you would like to get involved in 2020 please don’t hesitate to reach out.
President: Travis Sprigg [email protected]
Treasurer: Ian Smith [email protected]